We support the leaders of tomorrow by meeting each student where they are. No-one should ever feel pressured, but they should be willing to stretch themselves and take risks. EVERY student entering our programs must agree to strive for professionalism in our work, to respect EVERYONE in the room, and to participate fully even if it’s hard or scary. To accomplish this we also agree to support each other, not make fun of each other, and respect people’s privacy. Lastly, we MUST agree to have fun!
- Punctuality is a MUST. If you are late, you hold everyone up which is unfair to your classmates.
- Dress COMFORTABLY so that you can MOVE. Please do not wear jewelry and pull long hair back out of your face.
- ALL STREET SHOES MUST BE REMOVED IN THE WAITING AREA – OK to bring dance shoes, wear socks or go barefoot in the dance studios.
- Have a good breakfast and/or lunch before you come, you will need ENERGY!
- DEFINITELY BRING a bottle of water. YOU MUST STAY HYDRATED! Water ONLY in the Studio.
- DEFINITELY BRING a pencil to take notes! You may also bring a notebook if you choose.
- Also always bring any assigned scripts or music once it has been given to you. (Not applicable to improv)
- Those attending classes two hours or more MAY bring one small, nut-free snack to eat on a break. NO FOOD OR GUM IN CLASS.
- Breaks are for hydration and socialization. Small snacks may be eaten THIS SHOULD NOT BE MEALTIME.
- No-one will be asked not to use the bathroom, please try to take care of this during breaks or before or after class.
- NOTHING BUT WATER IN THE STUDIO – NO FOOD AND NO DRINKS WITH COLORS OR FLAVORINGS INSIDE
- NO CELL PHONES PERMITTED (we strongly suggest leaving them home) – phones or other devices WILL be confiscated if we see them and returned to the parent only.
- DEFINITELY DO NOT BRING valuables, toys or anything else that will be a distraction.
- We no longer require masks, but please respect the choice of everyone to wear them or not,also respect personal space, and please do not come in if you are sick.
- Students are expected to be courteous and respectful to each other and staff at all times. Foul language, disrespect, aggressive or intimidating behavior, and fighting will not be tolerated. This behavior will result in immediate suspension from the program with NO REFUND. WE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR BULLYING OF ANY KIND.
- We must also respect the space, remember all our belongings and clean up any mess we make, including making sure any trash we create is properly disposed of.
- Parents may not observe classes or take any photos or videos of class (except during invited sharings)
- Remember that a student only gets from class what they put in. Students will need to practice their material at home (for applicable classes) in order to be ready for the final sharing. Please help them when needed and check that they are doing this work. 20 mins a day is better than two hours right before class.
- Please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is in your contacts so nothing we send goes to your spam folder. Also, please read any communication sent from this email in a timely manner.
- Issues or questions should be directed to Traci Timmons at (914) 424 – 5112 or the email above.
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOP / LITTLE PERFORMERS WORKSHOP
Whether you are paying full price or on scholarship, we expect a commitment from your family. Our programs instill professionalism and discipline while also having fun in a safe, nurturing environment.
Fall 2023 Programs: meet at Golding Academy – 68 S. Devoe Ave. Yonkers, NY 10705. (Just off McLean Ave. behind The Whistlin; Donkey) Classes are drop-off but parents may choose to stay in the front waiting area..
Registration and Payment Policy: Parents may hold a place for their child by submitting this form with a non-refundable $50 deposit. Balance is due in full no later than the 2nd week of class*. If payment in full has already been made, withdrawal before the 2nd class entitles you to refund less the $50 deposit which covers processing costs. Once the 2nd class takes place, no refund will be issued, nor will you be released from the obligation of your payment plan. New students will be allowed to join up until the 3rd class, space permitting, but fees will not be pro-rated.
Payments preferred via zelle to email@example.com
Payments may also be made via Venmo @Traci-Timmons or in person via cash, check or money order.
Coming soon: credit card payments via the website.
*Payment plans may be available, please discuss this with us when you submit your registration.
**Thespian Arts Program has a mission to bring arts education to all who want it. Our aim is to enrich, empower and encourage ALL youth to express themselves creatively and emotionally, have the skills and confidence to reach ANY goals, and to feel safe and heard as a part of a strong ensemble formed with mutual respect. Because of this, we will do everything in our power not to turn away any student of any skill level regardless of ability to pay. Please speak to us about full or partial scholarships, OR about donating to our scholarship fund.